Tuesday, October 16, 2012

knit parade: a walk in the dusk with our hats on

the rain finally let up today. since i'm on a deadline and had to work all day, i didn't get outside with my family until after dinner, as the sun was going down.


dusk usually isn't my favourite time of day. twilight tends to give me a migraine, to be honest.


but in this city, one cannot take a reprieve from imminent downpour for granted. 

so i made the best of the waning light by attempting a knitwear photo shoot. (many thanks to the wife who made the babes wear their hats).


i made these acorn-shaped hats and i love them. were i not working from the stash, i would have bought some lovely self-striping yarn. but these will do.


i love the way they look on my babes.


the pattern was pretty fun so i can't wait to make more. this time, i plan to experiment with 'manual' striping from my scrap basket.



 but for now, it's lights out.

2 comments:

  1. oh those hats are perfect on your girls... nice knits.
    love that time of day! Here when the day is waking and at sunset is when I love to take in the day. great pics!

    ReplyDelete