Thursday, May 8, 2014

stolen moment



Why yes, there is a direct correlation between my absence here and the flurry of often triple booked activities we've got going on. Amidst our regularly scheduled programming: there's swimming for both kids on top of the girl's ballet lessons; the wife's predictably unpredictable schedule that we often have to work around; the lingering spring sun beckoning for all of us to be outdoors come hell or 9 loads of unwashed laundry later; the actual work I have to do for the job that pays which translates to a heck of a lot of writing, very early mornings, very late nights, remote relationship building, and the epitome of corporate; there's some pretty firm and fiery mothering that has to go on becausebecausebecause I now have a child as well as a toddler in the home, also play dates in between, the combination of which requires concrete boundaries for more reasons than I care to type; not to mention being mindful about staying connected to the wife and being consciously aware of my own needs. 

Without getting into all the other encompassing events that touch our lives on an ongoing basis (oh yes, there's more), I'm just going to say it, April has transpired in flashes of joy, sadness, worry, frustration, friendship, satisfaction, and blaaarrgh!

Thank goodness for Alicia, Danaerys, and Mindy for all the good TV they bring. And the knitting. I'm very grateful for all the knitting that accompanies the TV watching.

As you can see, I've amassed a small pile of accessories that make me feel productive - and dare I say it, whole - like a distinct person unto myself. I had planned to share some of these knits with you today but I'm not happy with any of the photos I've taken so I'll have to do that another time. I'm just happy I stole this moment to pop by and say hello. 

So... what have your days been like? 

(Did I mention our home is getting treated for carpenter ants so we have to bag up all of our belongings to prevent our children from being more exposed to bug spray than they're going to be anyway? Yup, that's my night tonight. Send caffeine intravenous please. And enjoy sleeping for me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment